Filter Private Messages
A filter for private messages sent in your chat community will
include messages of this type: Privmsg, Whisper, and
To filter the language used in private messages:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- Navigate to the
IRCX folder for the server hosting the chat community where
you want to filter offensive language.
- Right-click IRCX, and then click Properties.
- On the IRCX Protocol General tab, choose the chat
community in which you want to filter private messages from the
list, and then click Properties.
- In Properties, click Extensions.
- If the Profanity Filter extension does not appear in the
Extensions list, click Add.
If the Profanity Filter extension does appear, go to step 9.
- In Add Extension, select the Profanity Filter extension
from the list in Extension.
- Stop, then restart the
- Select the Profanity Filter extension in Extensions, and
then click Properties.
- On the Community PFilter Properties General tab, under
Select filter for, select the filter you want to apply to
Private messages from the drop-down list.
Tip You can also apply a
different filter to private messages from a chat client using the
EXTMSG PFILTER SET PRIVATE=filter_name