Applies to: Exchange Server 2010 SP3, Exchange Server 2010 SP2
Topic Last Modified: 2012-07-23
You can use Windows Mobile to configure synchronization options for users.
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync can synchronize e-mail messages, contacts, calendar items, and tasks between a user's Microsoft Exchange mailbox and the user's mobile phone. Exchange ActiveSync can't synchronize Microsoft Outlook Notes to a mobile phone.
There are many different phones that use Exchange ActiveSync and synchronize with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. The steps in this topic are designed for Windows Mobile 6.0.
|For information about how to configure phones that don't use Windows Mobile, or phones that use versions of Windows Mobile other than Windows Mobile 6.0 to synchronize with Exchange, see the documentation for your mobile phone.|
Looking for other management tasks related to Exchange ActiveSync? Check out Managing Exchange ActiveSync Users.
- You've reviewed the manufacturer's documentation for the mobile
phone you want to configure.
- Exchange ActiveSync is enabled on the Exchange 2010 Client
- You've established a partnership with the Exchange server. For
more information about how to establish a partnership, see Configure a Mobile Phone
Use ActiveSync on a mobile phone to configure synchronization options
- On the mobile phone, select Start, select
Programs, and then select ActiveSync to start the
- Select Menu, and then select Options to display
the Options screen.
- Select or clear Contacts, Calendar,
E-mail, or Tasks.
- To configure options for any of these data types, select the
data type, and then select Settings.
Use Pocket Outlook on a mobile phone to configure e-mail synchronization options
|The exact steps will vary depending on the version of your mobile phone's software.|
- On the mobile phone, select Outlook E-mail to start the
Pocket Outlook application.
- Select Menu, select Tools, and then select
Manage Folders to display the folder list screen.
- Select or clear the check box next to the folder name.
Selecting the check box enables the folder for synchronization.
Clearing the check box disables synchronization for that
For more information about how to manage Windows Mobile phones, visit the Windows Mobile Center Web site.