Applies to: Exchange Server 2013
Topic Last Modified: 2012-10-12
In Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, you can use In-Place eDiscovery to search mailbox content. You can remove an In-Place eDiscovery search at any time. When you remove an In-Place eDiscovery search, search results are removed from the Discovery mailbox.
|Deleting an In-Place eDiscovery search will remove any search results copied to a Discovery mailbox.|
For additional management tasks related to In-Place eDiscovery, see In-Place eDiscovery Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to completion: 2-5 minutes.
- To remove an In-Place eDiscovery search that has In-Place Hold
enabled, you must first remove the In-Place Hold from the search.
For details, see Create or Remove an
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"In-Place eDiscovery" entry in the Messaging Policy and
Compliance Permissions topic.
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to remove an In-Place eDiscovery search
- Navigate to Compliance management > In-place
eDiscovery & hold.
- In the list view, select the In-Place eDiscovery search you
want to remove, and then click Delete .
Use the Shell to remove an In-Place eDiscovery search
How do you know this worked?
To verify that you have successfully removed an In-Place eDiscovery search, do one of the following: