Applies to: Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2013-02-22
User call logs are used to view the following information about specific Unified Messaging (UM) users:
- Details about the UM calls for a user over the last
- Audio quality of each call. Audio quality metrics might not be
available for all calls, because the metrics depend on several
factors, such as the type and length of the call.
For additional tasks related to UM reporting, see UM Reports Procedures.
How do I get call logs for a UM-enabled user?
- In the Exchange Administration Center (EAC), select Unified
messaging > More options > User call logs.
- Click Select a user, and then select the user you want
- To get more details about the audio quality for a row in the
report, select the row and click Audio Quality Details. For
more information about how to interpret audio quality, see Investigate the Audio
Quality of Voice Calls for a User.
- To copy the report to the Clipboard, click Copy all rows to
How do I interpret the UM user call log?
The user call log includes the following information for each call:
- DATE AND TIME The date and time of the call, in the time
zone that the selected user has set in Microsoft Outlook Web
- DURATION How long the call lasted in minutes (MM) and
seconds (SS), in the following format: MM:SS.
- CALL TYPE The type of call:
- Call Answering The call wasn't answered
and was forwarded to the Mailbox servers, and the caller left a
- Call Answering Missed Call The call
wasn't answered and was forwarded to the Mailbox servers, and the
caller didn't leave a voice message.
- Subscriber Access A call was made to
the subscriber access number. The caller signed in and was
authenticated to UM with their extension and password to access
email messages, calendars, and voice messages over the phone.
- Auto Attendant The call was answered by
a UM auto attendant. These calls are typically calls in which the
caller dialed your organization’s main phone number.
- Fax A call was received in which a fax
tone was detected. If you’ve configured fax partners, this call was
sent to the partner.
- PlayonPhone A call was placed by UM
because the user clicked the Play on Phone button in a voice
message in Microsoft Outlook Web App or Outlook.
- FindMe An outbound call was placed by
UM as a result of a Find Me rule in a call answering rule.
- Unauthenticated Pilot Number A call was
placed to the Outlook Voice Access number. The caller didn't sign
in and wasn't authenticated.
- Greetings Recording A call was placed
by UM to record personal greetings for a user.
- None A call was placed but the type
- Call Answering The call wasn't answered and was forwarded to the Mailbox servers, and the caller left a voice message.
- CALLING NUMBER The phone number or SIP address of the
- CALLED NUMBER The phone number or SIP address (for users
in SIP dial plans, such as Microsoft Office Communications Server
2007 R2 or Microsoft Lync Server users) of the intended recipient
of the call.
- UM IP GATEWAY The UM IP gateway that took the call.
- AUDIO QUALITY The overall audio quality of the call. For
more details about audio quality, select the row and click Audio