Applies to: Exchange Server 2013
Topic Last Modified: 2012-09-25
This topic explains how to use Queue Viewer in the Exchange Toolbox to export lists of messages or queues.
You can export lists to the following file formats:
- Text (tab delimited)
- Text (comma delimited)
- Unicode text (tab delimited)
- Unicode text (comma delimited)
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: 10 minutes
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"Queues" entry in the Mail Flow
- By default, the result pane in Queue Viewer displays only the
first 1,000 objects. To change this value, see Set Queue Viewer
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
Export a list from the result pane in Queue Viewer
- Click Start > All Programs > Microsoft
Exchange 2013 > Exchange Toolbox.
- In the Mail flow section, double-click Queue
- In Queue Viewer, select the Queues tab or the
Messages tab. On either tab, you can click Create
Filter to restrict the results.
Note: If the result pane doesn't refresh, in the action pane, click Refresh. Long lists may take several minutes to refresh.
- In the action pane, click Export List. The Export
List dialog box appears.
- In Export List, type the name of the file in the File
name box, and then select the file format from the Save as
- Click Save.