Applies to: Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Exchange Server
2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, Exchange Server 2007
Topic Last Modified: 2007-09-14
Messaging records management (MRM) in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 helps you:
- Reduce the risks that are associated with e-mail and other
communications by making it easier to keep what is needed to comply
with company policy, government regulations, or legal needs.
- Remove content that has no legal or business value.
The topics in this section show you how to:
- Plan your organization's MRM implementation. For more
information, see Planning for Messaging
- Deploy basic MRM in Exchange 2007. For more information,
Messaging Records Management.
- Turn off MRM at the mailbox and server level when needed. For
more information, see Turning Off Messaging
- Monitor MRM performance counters, logs, errors, and events. For
more information, see Monitoring Messaging
Use scripts in the Exchange Management Shell to manage messaging records management more easily. For more information, see How to Use Exchange Management Shell Scripts for Messaging Records Management.
For More Information
To learn more about MRM, see Understanding Messaging Records Management.