Topic Last Modified: 2007-02-16
Microsoft Exchange Database Recovery Management scans Exchange Server databases and available transaction log files for issues that affect database recoverability. The tool reports missing or corrupted log files and recommends steps that you can take to bring the database to a clean, mountable state.
Exchange Database Recovery Management includes these features:
- A troubleshooter for problems with mounting databases caused by
conditions that prevent successful transaction log replay.
- A wizard to safely move excess transaction log files to resolve
"log drive full" conditions.
- An event log filter and viewer that lets you easily view and
sort events related to Exchange databases.
- For Exchange 2007 only, a Recovery Storage Group manager for
creating and removing Recovery Storage Groups. The manager can also
merge the contents of a mailbox back to original or archival
We welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions about Exchange Database Recovery Management. Send us your feedback as follows:
- Microsoft public newsgroups Members of
the Exchange Database Recovery Management development team
frequently monitor the microsoft.public.exchange.tools newsgroup at
news.microsoft.com. For information about how to participate in
this and other Microsoft newsgroups, see the Microsoft Technical
Communities Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=50219).
- Exchange Database Recovery Management documentation
feedback If you have any comments or questions
about the documentation and articles included with Exchange
Database Recovery Management, send your feedback to extoolfb@m i