Topic Last Modified: 2011-03-11
Issue You receive an error message saying that Microsoft Lync 2010 could not be installed.
Resolution Do the following:
- Open Windows Control Panel, and verify that Microsoft Lync 2010
is not in the list of installed programs.
- If listed, uninstall Lync 2010.
- Uninstall any unapproved third-party security software.
Security software with restrictive security settings can block the
- Close Windows Control Panel.
- Download the Lync 2010 setup file to your desktop.
- Run Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr.exe), and delete temp files.
- If the computer is running Windows 7 or Windows Vista,
right-click the Lync 2010 setup file, and then click Run as
Return to Installation and Sign In.