Topic Last Modified: 2011-03-11
Issue Your microphone or other audio device is capturing too much background noise during a Microsoft Lync 2010 meeting or call.
Resolution Do the following:
- Make sure your computer’s fan or spinning hard disk drive is
not too close to the microphone.
- Make sure you are not sitting near a fan or air conditioning
unit that is producing static noise.
- If you are using a noise-canceling microphone, make sure it is
positioned approximately two centimeters (a little less than one
inch) away from your mouth to ensure that background noise is
- If you are using the speaker on your phone, make sure the phone
is placed on a flat surface. Also, make sure there is no
obstruction between the phone and your mouth.
- If there is physical damage to the device, try using a
- Make sure your device is optimized for Lync 2010. For a list of
optimized devices, see “Phones and Devices Qualified for Microsoft
Lync” at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=208938.
Return to Audio and Video