Topic Last Modified: 2011-01-27
In Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Control Panel, you can use the Archiving Configuration section of the Archiving and Monitoring page to do the following tasks globally or for a site:
- Turn archiving on or off.
- Define the communications, such as instant messaging (IM) or IM
and conferencing (meeting), that will be archived.
- Define the purging settings for archived content.
|In order to configure and use archiving, you must first install
the Archiving Server and the archiving database. For details, see
Archiving in the Deployment documentation.
To configure archiving support, you must enable support for each type of archiving you want to support, as well as configure and, if appropriate, assign policies and configure other options to control how archiving is implemented. For details, see Configuring Support for External User Access and Configure Archiving Options for a Site in the Deployment documentation or Managing External Connectivity in the Operations documentation.
To configure archiving
From a user account that is assigned to the CsArchivingAdministrator or CsAdministrator role, log on to any computer in your internal deployment.
Open a browser window, and then enter the Admin URL to open the Lync Server Control Panel. For details about the different methods you can use to start Lync Server Control Panel, see Open Lync Server Administrative Tools.
In the left navigation bar, click Monitoring and Archiving, and then click Archiving Configuration.
On the Archiving Configuration page, click New.
In Select a Site, select the site to be configured for archiving.
In New Archiving Setting, do the following:
- In Archiving setting, click the archiving option that
you want to use.
- To block activity when archiving is not available, select the
Block instant messaging (IM) or web conferencing sessions if
archiving fails check box.
- To enable purging, select the Enable purging of archiving
data check box, and then do one of the following:
- To specify purging after a specific number of days, click
Purge exported archiving data and stored archiving data after
maximum duration (days), and then specify the number of
- To limit purging to archiving data that has been exported,
click Purge exported archiving data only,
- To enable external archiving, select the Archive external
communications check box.
- To specify purging after a specific number of days, click Purge exported archiving data and stored archiving data after maximum duration (days), and then specify the number of days.
- In Archiving setting, click the archiving option that you want to use.