Migration from Office Communications Server 2007 Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition in a consolidated configuration, and Enterprise Edition in an expanded configuration, either with or without Edge Servers, is supported.
To plan the overall migration to Office Communications Server 2007 R2, you should do the following:
- Review the Migration documentation in full so that you will
understand the migration process.
- Ensure that your hardware and software meet the requirements
for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, which are different from
those of earlier product versions. For details, see
- Prepare for coexistence issues. If you will need for your
Office Communications Server 2007 R2 deployment to interoperate
with an existing Office Communications Server 2007 deployment, or
if you will be rolling out your migration in stages, see
in the Supported Topologies and
Infrastructure Requirements documentation. For other coexistence
- Plan user migration and client software upgrades. For details,
- Plan administrative tool deployment. For details, see
These tasks will help you create an overall migration plan. Additional planning specific to server roles is necessary, and this guide covers such planning at the relevant phase in the process.