Topic Last Modified: 2010-07-14
In Microsoft Communications Server 2010, the Announcement application is a component of the Response Group application. When you deploy Enterprise Voice, the Announcement application is automatically installed and activated along with the Response Group application. This section describes the components that support the Announcement application.
Announcement Application Components
The following Communications Server 2010 components support the Announcement application:
- Application service: Application service provides a
platform for deploying, hosting, and managing unified
communications applications. Application service is automatically
installed on every Front End Server in an Enterprise pool and on
every Standard Edition server.
- Response Group application: Response Group is one of the
unified communications applications that are hosted by Application
service. The Response Group application is required to route calls
made to unassigned phone numbers.
- Audio files: Audio files are used for the
- File Store: The Announcement application uses File Store
to store its audio files.
- Communications Server Control Panel : You can use
Communications Server Control Panel to configure the unassigned
- Communications Server Management Shell : You can use
Communications Server Management Shell cmdlets to perform all