Topic Last Modified: 2010-06-19
Follow the steps below to create a new dial-in conferencing PIN policy. To change an existing dial-in conferencing PIN policy, see Modify a PIN Policy.
To create a new PIN policy
Open Communications Server Control Panel.
In the left navigation bar, click Conferencing.
Click the PIN Policy tab, click New, and then do one of the following:
- Click User policy, and then, in the New PIN
Policy dialog box, type a name that describes the policy in the
- Click Site policy, click the site for which you want to
create a new PIN policy, and then click OK.
- Click User policy, and then, in the New PIN Policy dialog box, type a name that describes the policy in the Name field.
To modify the default policy settings, do any of the following:
- In the Description field, type a description of the PIN
- In the Minimum PIN length field, type or select the
minimum PIN length that you want to allow. The default minimum
length is five digits.
- In the Maximum logon attempts field, type or select the
maximum number of logon attempts that you want to allow before a
user is locked out. The default maximum number of attempts is
- Select Enable PIN expiration to cause PINs to expire
after the specified number of days. Clear Enable PIN
expiration to prevent PINs from expiring. By default, PINs do
- If you selected Enable PIN expiration, in the PIN
expires after (days) field, type or select the number of days
after which PINs expire.
- Clear Allow common patterns to allow only complex
patterns of digits in PINs. Select Allow common patterns to
allow common patterns of digits, such as sequential numbers and
repetitive sets of numbers, in PINs. The default is to not allow
Important: It is recommended that you do not allow common patterns.
- In the Description field, type a description of the PIN policy.