Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2013-02-22
Telephone user interface (TUI) settings are used when a user accesses the Unified Messaging (UM) system by using Outlook Voice Access. When you modify a UM-enabled user's TUI configuration settings, you modify properties and their values on the UM-enabled user's mailbox.
You can change the following TUI settings for a UM-enabled user:
- Allow subscriber access
- Allow TUI access to the calendar
- Allow TUI access to email
- Allow Automatic Speech Recognition
For additional management tasks related to UM users, see Set Mailbox Features for an Outlook Voice Access User.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: 5 minutes.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM mailboxes" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that the existing
Exchange recipient is enabled for Unified Messaging and voice mail.
For detailed steps, see Enable a User for Voice
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM mailbox
policy has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Mailbox
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
Use the Shell to modify a single UM-enabled user's TUI settings
This example enables calendar and email access using the TUI for a UM-enabled user named Tony Smith.
Set-UMMailbox -Identity firstname.lastname@example.org TUIAccessToCal True -TUIAccessToEmail True -OperatorNumber 111111 -DisableMissedCallNotification False -AnonCallBlock True
|TUI settings for users are also available on UM mailbox policies. Modifying TUI settings on a UM mailbox policy affects all users who are associated with the UM mailbox policy. For more information about how to modify TUI settings on a UM mailbox policy, see Set Mailbox Features for Outlook Voice Access Users.|