Topic Last Modified: 2011-05-12
Issue You encounter issues when sharing a program with Microsoft Lync 2010.
Resolution The problem might be due to configuration or connectivity issues, or you might be using a program that cannot be shared in a Lync 2010 call or meeting. The programs that cannot be shared include the following:
- Microsoft Lync 2010
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Recording Manager
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee
- Windows Explorer
- Sticky Notes
- Windows Sidebar
- Programs you are running with user rights and permissions that
are more restrictive than the user rights and permissions for
If you want to share content from one of these programs with other participants in the Lync conversation or meeting, you can use desktop sharing.
If the problem is not related to the program being on the preceding list, do the following:
- Make sure you can connect with contacts successfully before
trying to share a program. Program sharing relies on having a
connection with the contacts you intend to share with.
- If you are trying to share a program with multiple contacts,
try sharing with just one contact first. This can help you
determine if the issue occurs during one-on-one communication or
only during conferencing.
- Try sharing your desktop instead of the program.
- Test to confirm that devices, such as audio speakers, are
connected and functioning properly. If these devices are working,
there is likely a configuration issue related to program
|Because the viewing experience is not optimal, we recommend that you not share the Windows Media Player in skin modes.|
Additionally, program sharing is not available if you are running Lync on a remote computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2, an earlier version of Windows Server 2008, or Windows Vista.
Return to Sharing