Enterprise Voice Route Helper helps you visualize, test, modify, archive, and share configuration information about voice routing. Route Helper is an alternative to the Office Communications Server Administrative Tools snap-in for creating, viewing, and modifying Enterprise Voice number normalization rules, location profiles, voice policy, and routes. It has additional features for doing the following:
- Exporting and importing or backing up voice routing data
- Testing configuration changes before uploading them to a live
- Creating and running configuration test cases to ensure the
usability of routing data after making changes to it, but before
committing the changes to a deployed system.
- Creating and modifying number normalization rules, location
profiles, voice policy, and routing data without writing the
necessary regular expressions.
- Analyzing a location profile for compatibility with Microsoft
Office Communicator Phone Edition.
- Working without access to an Office Communications Server
deployment to analyze, share, test, and educate by using data that
can be uploaded to a working server in the future.
Route Helper is included with Office Communications
Server 2007 R2 Resource Kit Tools, available as a free
download at the Microsoft Download Center at