To plan your upgrade to Office Communications Server 2007 R2, do the following:
- Review this Migration documentation in full so that you
understand the migration process. For details about performing a
side-by-side migration, see
Migration from Live Communications Server 2005.
- Ensure that your hardware and software meet the requirements
for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, which are different from
those of earlier product versions. For details, see
Software and Hardware Requirements.
- Understand coexistence issues. Coexistence refers to having
both the Live Communications Server and Office Communications
Server 2007 R2 operational in the same organization at the same
time. For details, see
Coexistence. For additional details, see
in the Supported Topologies and
Infrastructure Requirements documentation.
- Plan user migration and client software upgrades. For details,
from Live Communications Server 2005and
from Live Communications Server 2005.
- Plan your administrative tool deployment. For details, see
Tools for Migration from Live Communications Server 2005.
These tasks help you create an overall migration plan. Additional planning that is specific to server roles is necessary too. This guide covers server-specific planning at the relevant phase in the process.
Migration of Live Communications Server Standard Edition or Live Communications Server Enterprise Edition, either with or without Access Proxy servers, is supported.